Kate is a specialist in companies and securities law and has a broad practice in general commercial law. Kate has significant experience in: mergers and acquisitions (in particular, private treaty acquisitions and divestments); equity capital raising (for both listed and unlisted public and private companies); Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules advice; corporate governance advice and company secretarial assistance; and commercial contract drafting and negotiation (including in relation to supply and procurement arrangements).
Kate acts for clients in a range of industries, including energy and resources, mining services, health and technology.
Kate has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Commercial Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Mining Law and Oil & Gas Law. She has also been “recommended” by Doyle’s Guide in the Corporate and Commercial Lawyer category.
Kate’s recent experience includes:
- Marathon Resources Limited (now Leigh Creek Energy Limited): Advising in relation to the reverse takeover and back-door listing of Allied Resource Partners Pty Ltd;
- Hills Limited: Advising in relation to the sale of specialised commercial plumbing business LW Gemmell to a subsidiary of NYSE-listed Rexnord Corporation and the sale of the Hills Polymers business;
- Codan Limited: Advising in relation to the acquisition of Canadian based Daniels Electronics for CDN$27 million;
- SA Government: Advising in relation to the $427 million sale of the right to operate SA Lotteries to the Tatts Group;
- Accounting and advisory firm PKF: Advising in relation to its merger with BDO in South Australia;
- A major Japanese integrated trading and investment conglomerate: Advising in relation to its acquisition of a 40% interest in an SA based water engineering firm; and
- An unlisted public company in the medical devices industry: Advising in relation to two separate non-renounceable pro-rata issues and a convertible note issue to raise $12 million.