The funds management industry in Australia continues to grow dynamically:
- With funds from local superannuation contributions steadily increasing funds under management;
- Attracting the attention of foreign investors; and
- Through more varied product offerings from both new and established managers.
Our funds management team provides advisory, documentation and transactional services to all parts of the financial services industry, from licensing, fund establishment, product development and structuring through to fund raising and commercial transactions.
We act for a wide variety of clients including fund managers (domestic and international), advisers, financial institutions, superannuation funds (industry, corporate, public sector and retail), professional trustees and custodians. That experience ensures a more focused and efficient legal service delivery for our clients.
- Charter Hall on its refinancing of the Charter Hall Direct Office Fund’s syndicated debt and funding the acquisition of key assets;
- Mirvac Group on numerous capital transactions;
- Cbus Property on multiple purchases of mixed use development assets in New South Wales and Queensland;
- Abacus Group on numerous capital transactions across their entire portfolio in New South Wales and Queensland;
- Logos Property Group on multiple purchases of industrial assets;
- Major Australian investment banks, funds managers and insurers on Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) issues;
- Listed property trusts on trust schemes and takeovers, AFS licensing and compliance issues, and drafting scheme constitutions; and
- A major Australian platform operator in entering into a product development and servicing agreement.