The rapid growth and consolidation of participants in the superannuation industry has accompanied changed regulation, reform and compliance requirements in a complex industry governed by multiple regulators and legislative regimes. It’s also an increasingly competitive landscape with new proposals for the selection of default funds, competing MySuper products and the need to ensure members have access to optimum retirement and insurance products together with the highest returns possible in a risk controlled environment.
We advise many of Australia’s leading superannuation funds in coping with these challenges including industry, retail and corporate funds, exempt public sector schemes and funds managed by professional trustees. We also extensively advise SMSFs and service providers that support the industry such as administrators together with employers who need assistance complying with their superannuation obligations.
Our clients not only get access to expert superannuation knowledge and advice gained through years of experience, but also to the broad range of specialists needed by trustees to meet their daily operational needs that few other firms can offer – from areas such as IT, IP and dispute resolution through to employment, property and tax. This is in addition to the excellent technical advice we offer in the ‘business as usual’ areas of SIS Act and regulatory compliance, investment compliance and due diligence, disclosure, insurance, trust law and corporate governance.
- Various industry funds: provided investment regulatory advices and negotiated investment management agreements;
- Various industry funds and public sector superannuation schemes: provision of claims advice on total and permanent disablement and death claims;
- State Government superannuation scheme: reviewed disclosure documents and advised on changes to group insurance arrangements, prepared asset consulting and custody agreements for tender;
- Various industry funds: assisted in the preparation and negotiation of fin-tech agreements, including administration agreements and contracts for the transfer of information between entities within the superannuation system; and
- Superannuation fund investment vehicle: provided advice to the directors of this vehicle on superannuation fund regulatory issues regarding the making of investments, including pooled superannuation trust issues and costs disclosure.