Aged Care and Retirement Living
Aged Care and Retirement Living organisations are constantly challenged by new developments, changing regulatory requirements and technological and clinical practice change. They strive to deliver service, innovation and advancement under the determined gaze of media, government and consumers, while remaining abreast of the complex and diverse issues that affect the industry.
Our Aged Care and Retirement Living team understand the economic, cultural, ethical and commercial drivers for success in the aged care and retirement industries. We recognise the market pressures affecting the industry including the complex regulatory and funding environment; the challenges of maintaining clinical standards; workforce pressures; and trade practices issues.
Our team has experience in advising developers and operators on all aspects of acquiring, establishing and structuring retirement villages, aged care businesses and manufactured home parks, as well as advising operators and residents on the legalities and formalities relating to the entry into, occupation of and exit from retirement villages and aged care facilities.
- Embracia Communites: Assisting on the sale of their 7 aged care facilities and 2 retirement villages in Victoria and Queensland;
- Aurrum: Assisting on the acquisition of 5 aged care facilities in Victoria and New South Wales;
- Stockland : Assisting on the sale of the Rylands of Kew and Rylands of Hawthorn retirement villages in Victoria;
- RSL Lifecare: Assisting in the operation of 25 retirement villages and aged care facilities in New South Wales;
- Catholic Healthcare: Assisting in a wide range of matters including advice on guardianship, privacy, coronial inquests, workplace relations and general contract issues in New South Wales and Queensland;
- Mercycare: Assisting on the acquisition of 5 aged care sites in Western Australia;
- Mecwacare: Assisting in the acquisition of 2 aged care facilities in Victoria;
- Halcyon: Assisting in the establishment and operation of its manufactured home parks business in Queensland; and
- Aged care and retirement living industry: Assisting on a wide range of advice in town planning, building and construction, financing, workplace relations, litigation, general commercial and property to the clients listed above as well as others in the aged care and retirement living industry including Aveo, Baptcare, Buxton Group, Croft Developments, Southern Cross Care, TLC Aged Care, Trinity Care and Uniting Care.