Banking and Finance
Lenders and borrowers face various issues in banking and finance. Whether it is the need to achieve timely funding on commercial terms or confirming compliance with regulatory requirements, clients need to understand and manage risks.
HWL Ebsworth’s national Banking and Finance Group is renowned for providing a personalised, clear-sighted and commercial approach across all banking and financial services practice areas.
The Banking and Finance team acts for lenders and major corporate borrowers in all types of financing transactions including domestic and cross-border transactions, bilateral, club and syndicated facilities and debt capital market arrangements.
We are proactive in anticipating key legal issues our clients may face and identify how these can be addressed most efficiently. Our approach is to cut through legal complexities to reach desired outcomes while protecting our client’s legal interests.
We are proud of the long-standing relationship we share with clients in this sector including Australia and New Zealand Banking Group, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Westpac Banking Corporation, PayPal and Macquarie Bank.
- Westfield: Acted for Westfield in structuring its negative pledge based funding structure which requires all financer to accede to its terms, and also for the $22 billion refinancing for the split in 2014 into Westfield Corporation and Scentre Group;
- PayPal: Acting as Australian legal advisors to PayPal. PayPal’s unique nature gives rise to a variety of regulatory issues and requires comprehensive and tailored legal advice;
- Pact Group: Acted for Pact Group in relation to its debt financing arrangements, including it’s A$558m and NZ$216 syndicated facilities with a syndicate of domestic and international banks; and its US$900m US Term Loan B financing;
- Multiple Australian trading banks: Acted in relation to a syndicated corporate finance facility provided to PSC Insurance Group;
- Greens Food Group: Acted in connection with new debt facilities ($50m) provided by a Major Australian trading bank;
- Financiers: Acted for the financiers in relation to all Australian law matters relating to new global financing facilities for the Taghleef group of companies; and
- Major Australian trading bank: Acted in relation to facilities provided to Qantm IP Ltd for its IPO.