The Aviation industry in the Asia-Pacific region is the fastest growing sector in the industry globally and is forecast to grow ever more rapidly, driven by increasing growth in China, India and Indonesia, amongst other countries. New international airlines are operating to Australia almost monthly bringing in increased tourism and business traffic.
The local aviation and tourism industries are constantly challenged in terms of providing the infrastructure to keep ahead of demand to ensure Australia does not lose its share of this global phenomenon. At HWL Ebsworth our national Aviation Group has been a key participant in these industry developments and has assisted airlines, airports and infrastructure providers with expert local advice and assistance in achieving their operational goals.
The Aviation team provides a unique and market leading service to a broad range of stakeholders in the industry. We advise international and domestic airlines, regional and GA operators, airports, aviation service providers and their insurers. Members of our team have practiced as in-house counsel and worked in commercial and operational roles in airlines and airports, enabling us to provide specialist and customised cross-disciplinary advice for local and international clients.
As a national, full service commercial law firm, we provide holistic advice to airlines on all commercial, finance, regulatory and operational requirements. We also advise airports on their commercial and regulatory requirements including arrangements with airlines, regulatory compliance, the development and operation of airports, airport design and master planning, building and construction, finance and leasing.
- Tigerair: Advising on the start-up of a domestic high capacity RPT airline in Australia;
- Star Alliance: Advising on a global alliance’s application to the ACCC for authorisation of its activities in Australia;
- Sydney Airport: Project managing the 2014 response to the Commonwealth for the development of the Western Sydney Airport;
- Capital City and Regional Airports: Advising on compliance under the Airports Act and Regulations and civil aviation safety laws and regulations;
- Numerous airlines and airports: Advising on airport use and incentive agreements at every capital city and most secondary airports;
- Major airlines and insurers: Advising every major Australian airline and their underwriters for over 25 years;
- Airlines: Assisting with accidents, claims, investigations and prosecutions throughout Australia and the Pacific; and
- Airlines: Advising airlines and their insurers on liability for Deep Vein Thrombosis, successfully arguing that airlines are not liable.