Nima is not a typical tax lawyer. He is passionate about providing practical solutions to complex taxation issues, energetic in his approach and proactively identifies opportunities for his clients.
Nima specialises in transaction taxes and regularly provides transaction and structuring assistance to Australian and foreign entities in the financial services, funds management and M&A sectors.
In addition to being a lawyer, Nima is also a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Nima’s recent experience includes advising:
- A Regional NSW airport corporation on the income tax and stamp duty aspects of a proposed restructure and acquisition structure of a major infrastructure asset;
- The fund manager and Australian and foreign resident investors on the taxation consequences of potential fund structures intended to raise capital of c.$150 million to $200 million;
- The South Australian Government Financing Authority on the taxation aspects of the establishment of the $50 million South Australian Venture Capital Fund;
- A UK-based multinational on the income tax, GST and stamp duty consequences of a post-acquisition Australian restructure involving the consolidation of multiple operating businesses across four Australian states; and
- An Australian agribusiness on the taxation consequences of a portfolio company restructure.