Evan is the National Group Head of Litigation and specialises in Dispute Resolution and Insolvency.
Evan assists a broad range of clients, including those in the Automotive and Franchising industries, with commercial agreements, property and leasing disputes, Corporations Law applications, Restrictive Trade Practices, injunctions and Administrations, Receiverships and Liquidations.
Evan is considered one of the leading Automotive lawyers in Australia and is a qualified mediator.
Evan’s recent experience includes:
- A State Government: Acted in the Supreme Court of Victoria against a telecommunications service provider concerning the functionality of the State’s emergency services (including Police) mobile radio telecommunications network;
- Alliance Craton Explorer Pty Ltd: Acted in joint venture dispute concerning one of the largest and highest grade uranium deposits in Australia;
- Holden Special Vehicles: Acted against the Federal Government in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal regarding the eligibility of HSV to participate in a Government industry assistance program;
- Commonwealth Bank: Acted in $10 million claim by a former employee that was successfully defended in the Federal Court and up to the High Court Special Leave stage; and
- Hungry Jacks: Successfully acted against franchisee who claimed wrongful termination of the franchise agreement, misleading profit projections and inadequate training which amounted to unconscionable conduct.