Tony is a Partner in HWL Ebsworth’s Commercial Group. Tony has been a legal practitioner in the Northern Territory for 27 years and is admitted to the Supreme Courts of New South Wales and the Northern Territory and to the High Court of Australia.
Tony assists corporate and governmental clients in a broad range of commercial matters including acquisitions and disposal of commercial, pastoral and other properties, land access, solar energy, property development projects, construction, regulatory, procurement and other contracts, intellectual property, media and privacy.
Tony has participated on a number of corporate boards including Hottest Sevens Rugby, Chamber of Commerce and Industry and other private corporations. Tony was a foundation Director of Cridlands MB.
Tony’s recent experience includes:
- The proprietors of the Wickham Point Immigration Accommodation Facility: Advising on all aspects of the construction, financing and operation of the project including dealings with the Commonwealth as Lessee and third party Supply Agreements;
- Tourism NT (NT Government tourism bureau): Advising in relation to sponsorships, competitions, media acquisition, talent procurement, website and social media and film production agreements;
- Various local government councils and shires: Advising in relation to procurement, regulatory advice, leasing, licensing, planning and waste management and environmental issues;
- Financiers and separately joint venture partners of the $495 million Darwin Prison-NT Secure Facilities PPP project: Advising in connection with the acquisition and construction due diligence and OH&S matters in the constructions and operational phases; and
- Epuron Solar: Advising in connection with due diligence, contractual documentation and financing concerning the construction and commissioning and subsequent operational phases of the Ayers Rock Resort project in Yulara.