Thomas specialises in corporate and commercial law, mainly in the areas of equity capital markets (IPOs and capital raisings), mergers and acquisitions, public company takeovers, corporate restructures, private equity and venture capital transactions, corporate governance, foreign investment and international business advisory (in particular, Korea, China, Singapore, Malaysia and the US).
Thomas also has extensive experience in establishing and advising managed funds (unregistered/wholesale schemes and registered schemes) including property trusts, private equity funds and mortgage schemes. Thomas advises on, and prepares PDSs and private offer IMs (including the preparation of underlying transaction documents) in respect of managed funds products and advises on compliance with ASIC, ASX and Corporations Act requirements
Thomas has been recognised as a leading corporate lawyer by several publications including The Best Lawyers in Australia and Doyle’s Guide and he is recognised by The Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer for Capital Markets law. Thomas has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Derivatives, Equity Capital Markets Law, Leveraged Buyouts, Private Equity Law and Venture Capital Law.
Thomas’ recent experience includes:
- The Simonds Group Limited: in relation to its IPO and ASX listing;
- The underwriter: on the IPO and ASX listing of Australian Careers Network Limited;
- Alliance Resources Limited: on its non-renounceable rights issue;
- Octagonal Resources Limited: on the scheme of arrangement by Gandel Metals Group; and
- Crowd Mobile Limited: in relation to its IPO and ASX listing.