Robert Gibson is a partner in the Commercial Group specialising in mergers and acquisitions, focussing on privately negotiated transactions. He also regularly advises on general corporate and commercial law. Robert has extensive experience in advising on, coordinating and managing all aspects of acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, corporate restructures, private equity and commercial transactions. He also advises on contracting, outsourcing and supply arrangements, shareholder agreements, and corporate governance.
Robert enjoys helping clients to achieve objectives, working with strategic commercial and legal teams, senior management and boards to identify solutions and drive outcomes.
Robert has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Corporate Law and Venture Capital Law. Prior to joining HWL Ebsworth, Robert practised at Mallesons Stephen Jaques (now King & Wood Mallesons) for 14 years, including 2 years at Linklaters in London.
Robert’s recent experience includes:
- World Nomads Group: Advising on the sale of the World Nomads Group travel insurance business to ASX listed nib holdings;
- Flick Anticimex: Advising on the acquisition of the Enviropest Group and Amalgamated Pest Control for Flick Anticimex and the global Anticimex group;
- Golden Horse: Advising on its joint venture with Greenland Australia relating to the $1.4bn Ashmore site in Erskineville;
- Eighth Gate Capital Management: Advising on its fund establishment and acquisition of various caravan and tourist parks; and
- Xenith IP: Advising on its acquisition of Watermark patent and trademark attorney business.