Paul is a lawyer in the Commercial Team in Melbourne.
He came to HWL Ebsworth after having spent a number of years in the Corporate Advisory team at Corrs Chambers Westgarth and having also worked for the Corporate Affairs group of a major pharmaceutical company. Paul has assisted clients in a diverse range of industries including manufacturing, energy and resources, food and beverage, media and telecommunications, aviation, health and aged care and financial services. Paul has experience in acquisitions and disposals of both private and public companies, drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts; general corporate governance and commercial advisory work.
Paul’s recent experience includes:
- McMillan Shakespeare Limited (ASX : MMS): Advised McMillan Shakespear Limited on its acquisitions of Presidian Holdings ($115 million) and United Financial Services ($42 million);
- Far East Consortium / Chow Tai Fook Enterprises: Advised FEC and CTF on the 50/50 joint venture with Echo Group for $3 billion development of Queens Wharf resort and casino;
- Embracia Aged Care: Advised the Embracia Group on the sale of its 7 aged care facilities and two retirement villages to the McKenzie Group for a net purchase price of over $100m (net);
- Healthe Care Australia Pty Ltd: Advised Healthe Care Australia Pty Ltd in connection with the acquisition of various Australian private hospitals;
- Walkinshaw Automotive Group: Advised Walkinshaw Automotive Group in its acquisition of New Age Caravans;
- Décor: Advised the shareholders of Decor in connection with the sale of Decor to Marlin Homes;
- Strike Australia / Funlab Holdings: Advised the shareholders of Funlab Holdings in connection with the sale of the Funlab group (including all Strike Bowling and Holey Moley outlets) to NEXT Capital; and
- Southern Cross Media: Advised Southern Cross Media Group Ltd in relation to its takeover of Austereo Group Limited and its associated $470 million equity raising.