Nicholas Pullen is highly regarded for his specialist expertise in the media and communications sector, providing clients with advice across defamation, privacy, trade practices, information technology and intellectual property matters.
Nicholas acts for a range of media and publishing organisations, especially in the television, radio, print and book publishing, online publishing and advertising industries. He is also active in other industries requiring expertise in knowledge management and in the protection or exploitation of IP and data.
Nicholas has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Defamation and Media Law and Entertainment Law. Doyle’s Guide names Nicholas as a “recommended” lawyer for Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law in Victoria.
Nicholas’ recent experience includes:
- Channel 9: Conducting applications and managing litigation for the Underbelly trials in Victoria;
- Amazon.com: Acting in relation to dismissing defamation claims for ebooks made available by the online retailer;
- Derryn Hinch: Advising in relation to High Court proceedings involving contempt action;
- Sam the Koala (Victorian Bushfires icon): Advising in relation to managing all local and international media, merchandising and other IP rights for animal shelter charity;
- Network Ten: Providing advice on producing weekday national television program;
- Federal and State Politicians: Advising concerning media related issues; and
- Various book publishers, TV programs, online and newspaper proprietors: Advising concerning pre-publication advice.