For more than 25 years Lynette has assisted clients with their commercial, retail and industrial property requirements. Lynette acts for clients in all aspects of the acquisition, development and disposal of real estate including related specialist contracts such as alliance contracting, builder tripartite arrangements, buy back arrangements and development agreements.
Lynette also has significant experience assisting clients with negotiating and documenting leases and all related documents for their commercial, retail and industrial holdings.
In the commercial sphere, Lynette assists clients with contract preparation and advice, terms and conditions of supply, company and group structuring and purchases and sales of businesses. Lynette regularly advises medical, dental and allied health companies and practitioners on structuring, group ownership issues, purchase and sale of business, service arrangements and contract issues.
Lynette has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Commercial Law, Leasing Law and Real Property Law. In the Asialaw Profiles Legal Directory for Real Estate and in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 for Corporate/M&A and for Real Estate.
Lynette’s experience includes advising:
- Folkestone Education Trust on the acquisition, due diligence, development, sale, leasing and ongoing property management issues relating to existing and new childcare centres including alliance agreements, public private partnerships and co-located leasehold sites;
- The Reef Marina on conversion to freehold, development, leasing and disposal of marina and associated shopping centre and landholdings in Port Douglas;
- Automotive parts retailer in relation to the negotiation and complete share sale of holding company (and operating subsidiaries) to overseas corporate group including earn-out arrangements, key person contracts, due diligence and lease arrangements;
- Pharmacy group on partial equity sell down which included staged restructure to ensure taxation rollover relief was available, share placements, corporate group restructure, shareholder agreements, negotiating landlord and financier consents, sale of equity and rearrangement of finance; and
- Retail complex in the sale to a foreign conglomerate of suburban retail and office complex including lease and service contract review, contract preparation and negotiation, anchor tenant waiver of right of first refusal, and negotiation of warranty and indemnity insurance to enable prompt wind up of selling property trust.