Josh is one of Australia’s leading technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) lawyers. Prior to joining HWL Ebsworth, Josh worked for Herbert Smith Freehills and Minter Ellison and has been a trusted advisor to many national and international organisations for business critical projects.
Josh has extensive experience in advising on the legal aspects of IT, telecommunications and general outsourcing and procurement projects across a wide range of industries, including energy and resources, real estate, telecommunications, financial services and broadcasting.
Josh also works closely with our corporate lawyers on mergers, acquisitions and floats. He supports the corporate team by assisting clients to gain an understanding of the technologies and systems used by the relevant businesses and the operational and value impacts of separation or integration of those businesses.
Josh has been recognised by his clients for his innovative approaches to resolving complex problems and bridging the gap between ‘commercial’ and ‘legal’.
Josh’s recent experience includes:
- Allianz: Advising on a number of critical IT projects including its infrastructure and IT services outsourcing arrangements and other arrangements for systems development and telecommunications;
- Ausgrid: Advising for over 8 years on all major TMT transactions, including major system and infrastructure procurement and upgrade projects, business critical outsourcing arrangements and data centre agreements;
- Various other NSW State Government agencies: Advising in relation to IT and telecommunications projects, including the outsourcing of the operation and maintenance of the Government Radio Network;
- CB Richard Ellis: Advising on its property and facilities management outsourcing transactions and its business critical payroll outsourcing project rolled out throughout South East Asia;
- BHP Billiton: Advising on the separation of South32 from the BHP Billiton Group and acting for BHP Billiton and South32 in implementing arrangements to establish various core IT systems and ongoing procurement arrangements for critical business inputs to facilitate that separation;
- BHP Billiton: Advising in relation to some of its key global procurement activities relating to IT, telecommunications and professional services, including its relationships with SAP and Accenture;
- Caltex: Advising in relation to its complex IT infrastructure management outsourcing arrangements;
- Toll Holdings and WorleyParsons: Advising in relation to their global IT and telecommunications outsourcing transactions;
- SingTel Optus: Advising for over 8 years on many major network projects, including its joint venture with Vodafone and critical network procurement and roll-out projects; and
- Boral: Advising on key strategic acquisitions and divestitures, including preparing and negotiating complex transitional services arrangements.