Grant Hummel is a Partner of HWL Ebsworth who has corporate and commercial experience, with particular expertise in capital raisings, securities law, mergers and acquisitions, advising in relation to the Corporations Act, and the ASX Listing Rules.
Grant co-leads HWL Ebsworth’s Health Industry Group. He holds an honours degree in life sciences and his experimental thesis involved using gel electrophoresis for DNA fingerprinting and isozymes.
The involvement of the team led by Grant Hummel in corporate matters is sought after because of its ability to understand and clearly define the key value drivers for its clients in the midst of complex transactions in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
Grant’s recent experience includes:
- Numerous health, pharmaceutical and aged care clients: Advising on their corporate and commercial legal needs, including capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, commercial agreements and structuring requirements;
- Xenith IP Group Limited: Advising on its restructure of Shelston IP from patent attorney and law firm partnerships into a corporate group, its debt facility with ANZ, its IPO and ASX listing, and subsequent acquisition of Watermark patent attorney and law firms;
- H-E Parts Australia: Advising on its corporate and commercial legal needs, including several acquisitions, restructuring, debt financing, IP, property leases, employment, environmental and litigation;
- China Dairy Corporation Limited: Advising on its IPO and ASX Listing, with a market cap of $145 million; and
- Bell Potter Securities: Acting as underwriter of numerous primary and secondary capital raisings.