Graeme has 27 years’ insurance experience in Queensland and is a senior member of the Queensland Insurance team.
He has extensive experience with personal injury claims relating to workers’ compensation, self-insurance, policy interpretation, accident compensation, occupiers’ liability, compulsory third party claims and public liability.
He has extensive experience in the case management and handling of asbestos claims, having acted for James Hardie and Amaca and Comcare.
Graeme has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia as one of Australia’s best lawyers in the field of Product Liability Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation. In the Doyle’s Guide, Graeme has been ranked as ‘Recommended’ in the category of Workers Compensation.
Graeme’s recent experience includes:
- Large mining company: Acting on behalf of a large mining company in defence of a large claim for personal injuries involving significant issues in the industry including fatigue management and rostering practices;
- Personal liability: Acting for a severely disabled tetraplegic as the result of a motor accident against both the CTP insurer and the nominal defendant necessitating a ten day trial and eventual judgement for the plaintiff;
- Public liability insurer: Acting for a public liability insurer in the defence of multiple claims including a catastrophic claim arising out of a construction accident;
- Large mining company: Advising a large mining company in relation to contractual interpretation and the successful enforcement of contractual indemnities; and
- Large self-insured: Acting for a large self-insured in defence of a claim for personal injuries involving issues of road maintenance and dust suppression.