- Title Partner
- Area Agribusiness, Automotive, Commercial Contracting, Competition and Consumer, Corporate Governance, Energy and Resources, Government, Health, Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate and Projects, Wills and Estate Planning
Dayne is an experienced, commercially-focused adviser to businesses and business owners. He assists in the negotiation, preparation and review of a range of contracts, from business inception (such as service and facilities agreements), contracts for supply of goods/services, licensing and agency agreements, through to business restructure and succession.
Dayne is a trusted expert in matters of corporate governance and the operation of trusts. He is a Fellow of the Tax Institute of Australia, and well placed to work with clients’ accountants and financial advisers for desired outcomes.
Dayne has a long career assisting clients based locally, nationally and internationally with Tasmania property sales and acquisitions, developments, and leasing.
Dayne is also a Notary Public for Tasmania, and is based in Hobart.
Dayne’s experience includes advising:
- A major management company in the resources sector, negotiating management arrangements periodically for over a decade, and frequently assisting with contracts for harvesting, transport and supply;
- Peak and statutory bodies on Commonwealth and State Government Funding Agreements, and assisting them with constituent documents, service provider deeds and joint venture agreements for programs;
- Various dental, medical and pharmacy practices on mergers and acquisitions, internal agreements and documentation;
- An Australia/New Zealand product distributor on its licensing and distribution agreement, sub-distributor agreements and logistics contracts, as well as business structure matters;
- The developer of a significant subdivision on Bruny Island in Tasmania (Kingborough Council), in regards to rsidential lots and commercial lots, subject to environmental management zoning and which faced a change to the planning scheme;
- A fruit farm, acreage and oyster farm with retail outlet and accommodation in Southern Tasmania, in regards to the management agreement for the Vendor, together with water licences and marine licences;
- Hydro-electic client in regards to the sale of former Hydro-electric corporation village for multiple uses;
- Developers of residential apartment buildings in Hobart on site acquisition; drafting contracts for sale; advising on body corporate matters; drafting by-laws;
- Various clients on the sale and purchase of former service station sites; and
- Various clients in regards to preparation of options to purchase development sites subject to development approvals and providing complex duty advice.