David is a special counsel based in Perth in the firm’s corporate team. David advises on a wide range of corporate matters, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions (both public and private) and equity capital market transactions. David also regularly assists clients with their company secretarial functions and advises them on matters relating to the ASX Listing Rules and the Corporations Act.
David’s recent experience includes:
- Wesfarmers Limited: Advising in its acquisition of Linde Gas Pty Ltd, a major participant in the Australian industrial gas market, for $500 million ;
- DRDGOLD Ltd: Advising in relation to its hostile off-market takeover offer for Emperor Mines Ltd;
- Gondwana Resources Ltd: Advising in relation to proceedings in the Takeovers Panel instituted by ASX listed Ochre Group Holdings Ltd (Gondwana Resources Ltd  ATP 9 and Gondwana Resources Ltd 02  ATP 15);
- Hunnu Coal Ltd: Advising in connection with its friendly $500 million off-market takeover offer by Banpu Minerals (Singapore) Pte Ltd, a 100% owned subsidiary of Banpu Public Company Ltd;
- Peak Resources Ltd and its subsidiaries: Advising in relation to its equity and debt financing transaction with Appian Natural Resources fund LP, a European based mining and metals private equity fund, and International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group;
- ThinkSmart Limited: Advising in relation to its initial public offering and listing on the ASX;
- Triton Minerals Ltd: Advising in relation to their recapitalisation and re-listing on ASX;
- Sellers of a mining services and construction business: Advising in relation to the sale of their business for approximately $70 million;
- Seller of a private industrial laundry business: Advising in relation to the sale of their business to a listed entity for $26.5 million ; and
- Sellers of a mining services business: Advising in relation to their partial sale to a private equity fund for approximately $30 million.