Allison provides advice and assistance to clients in relation to trade and distribution law, intellectual property law and competition and consumer law.
Allison has a particular interest in franchising and has extensive experience advising franchisor clients – from providing advice about Australian market entry and the establishment of franchise networks in Australia, through to acting on sales/acquisitions and advising on dispute resolution. Allison’s experience includes advising on, and assisting clients with, international expansion.
Allison also regularly advises on competition and consumer law issues. Her experience includes reviewing contracts in the context of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth); assisting clients in dealings with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission; conducting competition and consumer law training; and considering and advising on supply and pricing issues.
In addition Allison has broad commercial experience. She assists clients on matters such as intellectual property protection; implementing structural changes; reviewing and drafting standard form documents; and acting on private M&A transactions.
Allison has been named in Best LawyersTM Australia for Franchise Law.
Allison’s experience includes advising:
- Start ups and existing franchisors on the establishment of new franchise networks, including providing strategic advice regarding the establishment; drafting franchise documents and assisting with the development of systems and templates for use in the network;
- Franchisors on the day to day management of their franchise networks, including assisting with compliance matters and advising on disputes and transfers;
- Franchisors to undertake “best practice” reviews of their businesses and assisting with implementation of changes to ensure best practice;
- Various retail brands on international expansion, including liaising with local counsel and negotiating documentation for the grant of rights in international jurisdictions.
- Manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers on the drafting of product development and supply agreements;
- Various retail brands on competition and consumer law matters, including providing competition and consumer law training and advising on proposed pricing and supply arrangements; and
- Franchisors and other retailers on the application of the with the unfair contacts regime to their standard form documents, including reviewing and preparing amendments to documents.