Welcome to the latest edition of our National Insolvency & Reconstruction Quarterly Review for the period 1 October 2016 – 31 December 2016.
In this edition, our team:
- discuss the complexities for liquidators, administrators and their advisers on trading trusts without Court intervention;
- provide a comparison in the changes imposed by the Insolvency Law Reform Act 2016 (ILRA) and the Government’s ASIC ‘user pays’ model, considers remuneration case updates and suggests good remuneration practice protocols;
- highlight the importance of the role litigation funders can play to assist liquidators in maximising the return to creditors, as reflected in the matter of Hastie Group Limited (in liq)  FCA 1289 (Crosbie);
- report on three particular decisions/themes that have emerged in cross-border insolvency matters over the last quarter; and
- write about the Crown’s dominance in land in Australia, options for mortgagee’s and practical implications.
We trust that you will enjoy this edition.