SYDNEY | FULL OR PART TIME
About the job
- Broaden your experience with a growing banking and finance practice.
- Play a key role in a variety of domestic and cross border transactions across real estate, corporate & acquisition, and asset finance.
- Work closely with clients across different industries and sectors.
- Strong focus on and support for, your career progression.
- Full time arrangement or part time, job sharing with a Special Counsel.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Banking & Finance team working predominantly with partners, Adam Fuller and Ben Burney. You will be a part of a sub team of 15 lawyers, at various levels, working on a range of interesting work including:
- linked bilateral, club and syndicated financings;
- senior/mezzanine finance and related intercreditor arrangements;
- debt advisory and tenders (including pre-mandate documentation, terms sheets and commitment letters);
- IPO financings;
- construction and development finance; and
- acquisition finance, strategic debt investments, debt restructurings and recapitalisations.
The role is an opportunity to work on top tier matters, collaborate with our prominent client base, often being the main liaison contact with the client. and enjoy being part of a supportive group with strong retention and tenure.
As a Senior Associate or Special Counsel, you will run deals from start to finish, operating autonomously with the support of your partners and team. You will mentor and lead juniors and work closely with other B&F SAs, SCs and Partners on progressing the team, clients and matters.
As a Senior Associate or Special Counsel, you will have:
- strong document drafting skills and technical ability;
- strategic and critical thinking capabilities;
- transactional management skills;
- client focused mindset and a demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships; and
- strong leadership skills to develop and mentor juniors.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Nationally the firm features over 260 Partners and more than 1,500 people.
We offer our staff career development opportunities, and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth supports employees balancing their professional and personal commitments through flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9334 8363.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.