SYDNEY | FULL TIME
- Broaden your experience with a rapidly growing banking and finance practice
- Be involved in close-knit, supportive sub-team in a variety of transactions across structured property, venture debt and renewable energy financing
- Work closely with clients who are smart, friendly and who see us as part of their team
- Flexible work arrangements in either Sydney or Canberra offices
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Nationally the firm features over 270 Partners and more than 1,700 people.
We offer our staff career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth supports employees balancing their professional and personal commitments through flexible working arrangements.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Banking & Finance team under Gamini Colless. As part of the team you will work on an interesting mix of major projects such as:
- Renewable energy project financing by an infrastructure debt fund of solar farms, grid scale batteries and embedded networks;
- Structured property financings, both on a senior basis, but also mezzanine, preferred equity and slightly strange hybrid structures;
- Property joint ventures;
- Venture debt financings for a growth credit fund for up and coming corporates, often in the digital business space, as pre-IPO funding; and
- Borrower side property financings.
The role is an opportunity to work on top tier matters, collaborate with our prominent client base and enjoy being part of a supportive group that views work as fun as well as a challenge! No standard documents here – much of what we do is bespoke.
Skills and experience required for this role include the following:
- 3-5 years PAE – for Solicitor position;
- Structured property finance;
- Venture debt;
- Joint ventures;
- Structured finance deals;
- Renewable energy financings, much of it classic project finance for solar farms;
- Mainly lender side but also some borrower side work;
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities; and
- Strong leadership skills to assist in developing our junior cohort.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and a valid practicing certificate to apply. HWL Ebsworth also strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.