Mitch is the head of the HWL Ebsworth Perth Office and is also the Chair of National Partners.
Over the past 20 years, Mitch has represented clients in relation to substantial commercial, M&A, infrastructure and property transactions. This includes many of Western Australia’s landmark transactions where he has acted for large institutions, various resource companies and, government departments and instrumentalities.
Mitch has been the lead partner in representing a broad range of clients in many commercial transactions and M&A activity. He has been involved in drafting and negotiating resource operating agreements and asset sale agreements, and has dealt with a variety of commercial matters including many M&A transactions, joint ventures and consortium agreements. His recent experience includes being the lead lawyer in relation to the sale of over $800m of assets for a State Government instrumentality. He also lead the team in relation to billion dollar contracts for offshore developments and numerous other infrastructure developments and acquisitions.
Mitch has also conducted training and workshops with executives and management of major clients on negotiation and preparation of contracts, tenders and outsourcing.
Mitch’s recent experience includes:
- Aged Care Provider: Acting in relation to a $50m aged care acquisition;
- MercyCare: Acting in relation to the $80m sale of Mercy Hospital;
- Various Clients: Acting in relation to and advising on the sale of various health service businesses;
- Infrastructure Entities: Acting in relation to the disposal of land, shares and other assets by a publicly listed infrastructure group;
- Infrastructure Entities: Acting for listed facilities group in the acquisition of certain Water Corporation assets;
- State Government: Acting as the lead partner in relation to the Insurance Commission of Western Australia’s disposal of over $800m in assets;
- IT / Manufacturing: Acting in relation to the sale of multiple data communications entities;
- Resource Entities: Advising numerous national and international clients in relation to joint ventures, including negotiating, drafting and providing advice on structures and joint venture documents;
- Various clients: Drafting and preparing major contracts for works, including all subcontract templates for various projects within Western Australia; and
- Various clients: Numerous other M&A deals in Western Australia and overseas.