Brendon’s niche specialisation is in advising Australian and international clients (users and providers) on information and communications technology, intellectual property and commercial contracting.
Brendon’s ICT and IP offering is complemented by his broader skills and experience in mergers and acquisitions including advising on private equity and venture capital investments, advising on buy-outs, divestments, shareholders agreements, due diligence and broader commercial law issues as well as advising registered clubs on registered clubs regulation including advice on governance matters, conversion of property from core to non-core, liquor and gaming, amalgamations and de-amalgamations, commercial arrangements including catering agreements, constitutional amendments, elections, conflicts of interest and income diversification and special projects. He has also advised NRL and A-League teams on various legal matters including dealings with the governing bodies, professional player contractual issues including releases, registrations, insurance and arrangements with Stadium operators.
Brendon’s recent experience includes:
- Alibaba Cloud: Advised on set up data centres in Australia including advising on privacy and cross border data flows;
- AliPay: Advised the world’s largest mobile and online payments platform, on the multijurisdictional roll out of an online platform;
- AC3: Advised on acquisitions, shareholders matters, cloud contracts, cross border data flows and EU data security requirements, structuring, commercial agreements and multimillion dollar transactions with government;
- PDP Fine Foods trading as Wicked Sister: Advisedon trademarks and trademark licencing, structuring, restraints, overseas licencing, commercial contracts, special projects and confidentiality;
- City of Parramatta Council: Advised on amalgamation with four other Councils including the drafting and implementation of InterCouncil Transitional Services Agreements post amalgamation, commercial agreements; and
- Registered Clubs: Advised on registered clubs regulation and governance, directors responsibilities including conflicts of duty, delegation and decision making, constitutional matters and amendments and special and diversification projects, issues in connection with the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority, amalgamations.