Sydney | Full Time
- Be part of the Employer Liability Team in Sydney;
- Work as part of a national workers compensation team;
- Benefit from close interaction with partners, strong peer support and structured career track mentoring;
- Exposure to a broad cross section of work and client base; and
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working.
Let us introduce you to a genuinely different firm. A firm offering exceptional quality legal advice to our clients from offices located in every Australian State and Territory.
A firm delivering unrivalled value for money as a result of running its business in the same way that its clients do. A firm allowing all team members to reach their potential by rewarding and promoting talent solely on the basis of merit whilst promoting a healthy work life balance.
We have a great culture. We have a collaborative and inclusive workplace that encourages employees to share ideas, work together and support each other in a stimulating work environment.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Insurance Practice Group comprises of 17 Partners and 37 Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth offers flexible working arrangements to assist our team to balance their professional and personal commitments.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate looking for advancement opportunities to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Insurance practice. As part of a close-knit team and the opportunity to work with Jenne Tzavares the partner of the practice group with an interesting broad mix of insurance matters for top tier clients.
This is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level and beyond, working with an award winning and industry leading team.
Scope of role
The successful candidate will be engaged in:
- Direct client access;
- Close collaboration with Partners in a strong team environment;
- Supportive training and mentoring;
- Advising top tier clients on liability, strategy and risk management;
- Analysis and advisory work including indemnity and liability;
- Advocacy across multiple jurisdictions; and
- Negotiating commercial outcomes for clients.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
Specific skills and experience for this role include:
- 2+ years PAE;
- Experience in insurance/personal injury litigation;
- Ability to balance legal and commercial considerations in negotiations;
- Ability to draft clear and concise correspondence including advice work;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to deal with clients and other parties;
- A willingness to learn;
- A ‘can do’ approach; and
- Team player.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9334 8363.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.