Sydney | Full time
About the job
- Broaden your experience with one of the most highly regarded cyber practices in Australia;
- Exposure to a challenging and fascinating work on cyber incidents;
- Benefit from close interaction with partners, strong peer support and structured career track mentoring;
- High level of responsibility and direct client access; and
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Insurance Practice Group comprises of 16 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
Cyber breaches are the talk of the town and our cyber breach response practice has never been busier. As our team continues to grow to meet the demand, we have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate looking to join us. You will be working in one of the longest standing and most highly regarded cyber practices in the market . We are a friendly, tight-knit, collaborative, fun team with challenging, rewarding and fascinating work on offer.
You will be involved in all aspects of cyber incident response including triaging incidents, engaging forensic experts, coordinating breach response, reporting to regulators, corresponding with stakeholders. managing third party vendors, and responding to queries, complaints and claims arising from incidents. You will be working with large corporate, SME and government clients, and with their insurers and insurance brokers. We also provide pre- and post-breach advice on privacy and cyber security obligations and incident preparedness. You will have an impact on our clients by helping them to navigate their way through a crisis, assisting them with regulatory compliance, reputation and brand protection whilst minimising disruption and cost. We also advise on insurance and coverage issues arising under cyber insurance policies.
Scope of role
The successful candidate will be engaged in:
- Direct client access;
- Close collaboration with partners in a strong team environment;
- Responsibility of managing your own incidents;
- Opportunity to take on a leadership role;
- Assisting and initiating business development and marketing activities;
- Supervising and mentoring juniors in the team; and
- Supportive training and mentoring.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
Specific skills and experience for this role include:
- About 5+ years PAE;
- Ideally we are looking for those with cyber incident response or privacy advice experience;
- However, we are also open to candidates with other transferrable skills such as those with experience in regulatory investigations, crisis management, litigation or advisory work;
- Experience in eDiscovery & data review is not essential but would be well regarded;
- Any technology experience is also not essential but well regarded;
- Ability to draft clear and concise correspondence including advice work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to deal with clients and other parties;
- A ‘can do’ approach;
- An ability to work in a fast paced, unpredictable environment; and
- Team player.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9334 8363.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply