Canberra | Full time
About the job
- Be part of a high calibre team providing advice on strategic and complex procurement and contracting matters of national significance;
- Work with Australian Government clients;
- Based in Canberra; and
- Flexible work arrangements – Remote working and part-time arrangements available.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Due to growth, we have exciting opportunities to join our dynamic Commercial team in Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra working with Canberra based Partner Elizabeth Skelly. Our team is growing in response to a number of exciting and high profile Government projects and is part of a national group of over [1,500+] people, including [260+] partners.
Elizabeth’s team is based across Canberra and Sydney. The team advises on major projects, and general procurement, contracting and commercial matters for a variety of Australian Government clients – including Department of Defence acquisition and sustainment projects, and Australian Government ICT projects. Our HWLE Consulting practice advises on all stages of the procurement lifecycle and supports Australian Government in-house procurement and contracting advisory teams.
Be part of this ‘go to’ Commercial and Government Projects team and take your career to the next level.
We have a career defining opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious, ‘can-do’ candidate to join our impressive and highly regarded Commercial and Government Projects team.
As part of the team, you will be working on some of the most complex and strategic procurement and projects advice and transactions for the country’s largest and most interesting Australian Government clients. This is a unique and amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level and be a part of a large and increasingly growing practice.
- Strategic and complex major project work for Australian Government;
- General commercial and contract advisory work;
- Preparing and reviewing approach to market documentation and contracts; and
- Advising on all stages of the procurement lifecycle – design, collaborative tendering processes, industry engagement, tender evaluations, tender negotiations and contract management and performance.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 1-3 years PAE in legal roles. Commercial or consulting experience may be considered where relevant;
- Experience with government transactions (relatable, interstate and overseas experience considered), procurement and commercial;
- Business development and marketing skills;
- Strong leadership, mentoring and management skills to assist in development of more junior lawyers;
- A ‘can do’ approach;
- Great team player;
- Desire and ability to nurture and develop existing clients with ambition and hunger to continue to grow and develop the practice to be the most sought after Commercial and Government Projects team in Australia; and
- Candidates should hold AGSVA security clearance or the ability to obtain AGSVA security clearance.
Our offer to you
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on email@example.com or +61 2 9334 8363.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply