Philip specialises in professional indemnity, directors and officers, general liability and life insurance advice and litigation. Philip also acts for a number of educational and religious entities and assists them in all aspects of their businesses including in governance, internal disciplinary matters and in dispute resolution.
Philip assists a large number of insurers in the general and life insurance industries. Philip’s clients include Allianz, Chubb, Enstar, CommInsure, TAL, AMP and OnePath.
Philip has been named “Lawyer of the Year” for Professional Malpractice Law in Best Lawyers™ Australia 2019 edition. He is also recognised in Best Lawyers™ Australia for in Corporate/Governance Practice, Insurance Law, Product Liability Litigation and Professional Malpractice Litigation. Philip has also been named by Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Lawyer in the area of professional indemnity and as a key partner in Asia Law Profiles.
Philip’s recent experience includes:
- Allianz: Advised Allianz and particular insureds in their responses to and appearances before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Chubb: Acting for an officer of a national building company in Federal Court proceedings concerning project certification disputes;
- Enstar: Acting for an insured municipal authority in Supreme Court proceedings involving a road and easement certification dispute;
- CommInsure: Acting for CommInsure in Supreme Court proceedings commenced by an insured in respect of disputed income protection claims and involving non-disclosure allegations; and
- AMP: Acting for AMP in its capacity as a life insurer in defence of litigated claims for payment of TPD; TTD; Trauma; IP and death benefits.