Peter is head of the firm’s Corporate & Commercial Group in Melbourne and one of the lead Partners in the firm’s Energy Practice. In the corporate and commercial field, Peter advises clients in corporate and commercial law matters, sales and acquisitions, business structures and start-ups, distribution and licensing, and the commercialisation of technology.
Peter also advises on major projects in energy and non-energy projects. This has included over 30 energy projects (mainly in the renewable sector in Australia, New Zealand and Thailand) and projects for major infrastructure. Peter’s focus in these projects has been on the corporate, construction and operational aspects including structure, tendering, construction, project management documentation and undertakings to and for project and equity financiers.
Peter has a diverse client base and international experience, having also worked as a lawyer in Germany and England.
Peter has been named in Best LawyersTM Australia for Oil & Gas Law.
Peter’s recent experience includes:
- Wind energy projects: Acting on over 25 wind energy projects, including for the project proponents for the Taralga Wind Energy Project (negotiating the EPC, O&M and associated documentation and related key contracts for the project in respect of connection and offtake); advising developers of other wind energy projects (landholder arrangements, connection and corporate; sale documentation) including Mt Mercer, Mt Gellibrand, Lal Lal, Moorabool, Dundonnell, Bodangara and Forsayth; and negotiating EPC and O&M contracts for project players for projects including Challicum Hills, Yambuk, Wattle Point, Starfish Hill, Emu Downs, Lake Bonney II, Tararua III and White Hills;
- Solar energy projects: Advising on solar energy projects, including for the project proponents for solar energy projects in Victoria and Queensland, and negotiating the supply & install contractual arrangements for the Alice Springs Airport Solar Project;
- Macquarie Capital: Advising on its equity structure and undertakings for the WA Schools Project and ACT Law Courts Public Private Partnerships;
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG): Advising on the negotiation and drafting of financial, management and operational obligations and related undertakings concerning one of the world’s largest sporting facilities – the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) – and its redevelopment; and
- Commercialisation of product and technology: Advising on the negotiation and structuring of client contractual arrangements for the commercialisation of product and technology, including investor arrangements, capital structure, distribution and licensing. Recent examples include technology and data companies.