Nick is a Partner in HWL Ebsworth’s Corporate and Commercial team. Nick advises industry players in connection with the full spectrum of corporate actions, concentrating on financial services, agricultural and engineering entities. Much of Nick’s work involves negotiating complex contractual arrangements, mergers & acquisitions, capital markets and Corporations Act, Listing Rule and Takeovers Panel advice.
Leveraging his strong technical background in engineering, Nick is valued by clients in the defence/advanced manufacturing, mining and finance sectors, providing strategic advice, acting as a legal project manager and assisting with domestic and cross border arrangements.
Nick has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Commercial Law and Equity Capital Markets Law and has published and presented papers on corporate, financial services and resource law matters.
Nick’s recent experience includes:
- Kidman & Co: Advising Australia’s largest private landholder on the sale of its cattle empire and land portfolio;
- One of Australia’s largest financial institutions: Project managing an ongoing nation-wide document review service in relation to residential borrowing arrangements;
- A number of financial technology companies and other growth entities: Advising on initial structuring and early stage funding through to exits via acquisitions by global industry players;
- An international defence industry prime contractor: Advising in relation to its Australian export controls systems;
- A medical specialist group: Advising in relation to the rollout of day surgery centres and capital investment by private equity;
- MGA Whittles Group: Providing extensive consultation, advisory, audit and review services to a leading independent insurance broker, underwriter and strata manager, across the full suite of the group’s service offerings; and
- Acted for a sovereign wealth fund in relation to its multi million dollar bid for the Australian based life sciences and biotech assets of a US based company.