SYDNEY | FULL TIME
- Enjoy working on a wide variety of commercial shipping and other transport related matters;
- Opportunity to further your career within a renowned National Transport Practice; and
- Flexible work arrangements are available.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Nationally, the firm features over 260 Partners and more than 1,500 people.
We pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming culture, our merit-based model for reward and advancement, and our dedication to providing the highest level of expertise and service to our many valued clients.
HWL Ebsworth has one of Australia’s leading Transport legal practices representing domestic and international airlines and their insurers, international and domestic ship owners and operators, P&I Clubs, offshore operators and a variety of other transport related businesses and their insurers in relation to both domestic and international matters.
We have a unique opportunity for a candidate to join our highly regarded Transport group in our Sydney office. The role is primarily disputes focused and will involve advising, and acting on behalf of our varied clients, in relation to a range of admiralty and maritime matters, , major incidents, ship arrest, emergency response, ship building and offshore sector disputes, and other aspects of our clients’ businesses.
The transport group is one of Australia’s largest national teams, and, as a result, you will have the opportunity to work directly with pre-eminent practitioners in this field and a range of prominent national and international clients.
There is substantial opportunity for advancement, and to build your career in this highly specialised, interesting, niche field of the law.
We support flexible and part time working arrangements and are happy to work with the right candidate to achieve their goals in terms of work arrangements and the right work/life balance.
- Liaising directly with other solicitors, counsel and clients
- Preparing advices for and providing exceptional service to our valued clients
- Working collaboratively with the broader transport team to ensure our client’s needs and expectations are met and exceeded
Skills and Experience
- Experience with either transport law, insurance litigation, commercial litigation, or other civil litigation preferred
- Federal Court litigation experience helpful
- If you have 2 years’ + experience and passionate about marine/transport law
- An ability and desire to work autonomously where needed, but to also work collaboratively with the other members of the transport team
- Clear legal writing skills
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong practice management and attention to detail
We offer our staff career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ function. For any queries, please contact Laura Harrison on email@example.com for a confidential discussion. Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.