Sydney | Full Time
- Be part of the growing Property Practice
- Benefit from close interaction with partners and partnership track mentoring.
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working (2/3 day WFH mix) is actively encouraged.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Property Practice Group comprises of 10 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
New Year New You! Now is a great time to come and be part of our team!
The role is with Kendra McKay, Partner, an industry recognised expert in Commercial Property 2022 edition of Best Lawyers Australia, and involves supporting the growing Sydney property team (with over 10 partners and 60 staff), that specialise in major capital transactions and complex commercial property development and direct investment in real estate. Kendra’s clients are listed property trusts, institutional developers, major corporates and multinationals that transact some of the largest property deals in Australia.
You will have direct partner contact and be mentored by Kendra, together with a well-regarded Special Counsel in a collaborative and relaxed team. You will also by supported by specialist junior lawyers, graduates, paralegals and conveyancers. Kendra is passionate about and actively supports her team in their continued personal and professional development/career.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 3+ years PAE
- Experience in Commercial Property
- Property acquisitions & disposals
- Call & put options 7 nomination agreements
- Off the plan sales & purchases
- Commercial Leasing
- Development agreements and novation’s, assignments.
- An understanding of property & project financing and security
- Government infrastructure and property transactions
- The ability to undertake transaction management through the use of PEXA
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to deal with clients and other parties
- Desire to develop your career in property
- A ‘can do’ approach/Team player
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0411 047 054.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.