Sydney | Full Time
- Be part of the growing Property Practice
- Work with Federal, State and local Government clients
- Benefit from close interaction with partners and partner mentoring.
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working (2/3 day WFH mix) is available for the right candidate.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Property Practice Group comprises of 10 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
New Year New You! Now is a great time to come and be part of our team!
The role is with Christopher Conolly, Partner, well known commercial property expert. He has a significant government practice and was selected in the 2017 – 2022 editions of Best Lawyers Australia for Retirement Villages and Senior Living. Christopher is the author of the “Options” section of Practical Legal Guidance by LexisNexis and regularly presents seminars on commercial property matters.
You will be part of the growing Sydney property team (with over 10 partners and 60 staff) one of the largest property practices in Sydney. We have a depth of experience in all aspects of commercial property from capital transactions and conveyancing, lease portfolios to subdivions and development projects. Our team provides an opportunity for growth and development of your skills together with the colloboration of lawyers working on similar projects and transactions.
You will have direct partner contact and be mentored by Christopher as part of his team. As an accredited specialist in property law, Christopher has assisted in a number of complex and significant matters including leasehold transactions, staged strata developments, stratum subdivisions, contaminated land, compulsory acquisitions, native title, community title developments, public positive covenants and planning agreements. His clients include government departments and authorities, aged care providers, urban and regional developers and corporations.
This is a role for someone interested in property law and expanding their knowledge and skills.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
- 3+ years PAE
- Experience in commercial property acquisitions and disposals
- Experience in lease transactions including retail leases, agreements for lease, assignments etc
- An understanding of more complex property transactions such as subdivisions, options, easements including providing advice to clients
- A practical “can do” approach
- The ability to undertake transaction management through the use of PEXA
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to deal with clients and other parties
- Desire to develop your career in property law
Experience with government transactions and/or retirement villages and aged care will be considered favourably.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on email@example.com or 0411 047 054.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.