Richard has a broad ranging litigation practice and has extensive experience in claims arising out of motor, work and industrial accidents. He also has a wealth of experience with public liability, product liability, medical malpractice and professional indemnity claims.
Richard also acts for the Australian Government in claims arising out of alleged negligence on the part of its servants or agents, and for the Australian Capital Territory in claims arising out of work accidents, motor vehicle accidents and Asbestos exposure.
Richard has been named “Lawyer of the Year” for Insurance Law in Best LawyersTM Australia 2019 edition. He is also recognised in Best LawyersTM Australia for Government Practice, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation. Additionally, Richard has been named Lawyer of the Year for Canberra Litigation in 2014, and Lawyer of the Year for Canberra Insurance by Best LawyersTM Australia.
Richard’s recent experience includes:
- Private insurers and Government agencies: Acting in personal injury claims brought in the ACT and NSW Courts and Tribunals for damages at Common Law and/or Workers Compensation benefits;
- General insurers and underwriters: Acting for and advising in property, professional indemnity and medical negligence claims;
- CTP insurers and Government agencies: Acting in claims for damages arising out of motor vehicle accidents;
- Private insurers and Government agencies: Advising on indemnity issues, policy interpretation, dual insurance and statutory interpretation; and
- Clients: Providing clients with strategic advice on policy issues and claims management.