Philip is an experienced wills & estates lawyer who has practiced in this area of law since he was admitted in 1997. In October 2017 he was recognised by the Law Society of New South Wales as an Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates.
Philip has extensive experience in all areas of estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation matters. He has advised individuals, trustee companies and government bodies on a diverse range of matters including drafting wills, simple applications for probate, complex applications for letters of administration, as well as attending to family provision claims and other disputes over wills.
Philip is a public notary and is a recognised Trust and Estate Practitioner by the Society of Trust and Estate practitioners. He enjoys dealing with matters that prove too difficult for other practitioners.
Philip’s experience includes advising:
- High net worth families on estate planning matters including testamentary discretionary trust wills, and the use and control of superannuation, family trusts and family companies;
- Blended families on how to provide for family members and minimise the likelihood of a dispute;
- Estate planning clients in relation to preparing documents including standard and complex wills, enduring powers of attorney, appointments of enduring guardian, binding death benefit nominations and statements of wishes;
- Various clients applying for grants of representation of deceased estates including probate, letters of administration on intestacy, letters of administration with the will annexed and reseals of foreign and interstate grants;
- Various clients on acting for and advising plaintiffs and defendants in family provision and contested estate proceedings before the Supreme Court of NSW; and
- Various clients on advising and appearing in relation to applications to the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal for financial management and guardianship orders.