Natalie Cambrell specialises in superannuation, financial services and privacy.
She assists clients in the superannuation industry, and across financial services more broadly.
She has received recognition in the 2010 – 2019 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia for her expertise in Corporate Governance Practice, Financial Institutions, Funds Management, Investment Law and Superannuation Law, including “Lawyer of the Year” for Superannuation Law in the 2017 and 2019 editions.
Natalie’s experience includes advising:
- A trustee of a large retail superannuation fund on multiple fund mergers leading to the creation of a $70 billion fund;
- A State department of Treasury and Finance on the restructuring of its public sector superannuation arrangements, including the outsourcing of investment management and fund administration functions;
- Various corporate superannuation funds on their internal legal and compliance needs, including product changes, insurance, corporate governance, communications and member disputes;
- Employers on interactions with employees and the ATO regarding Superannuation Guarantee shortfalls; and
- An industry fund on preparation of documents and statements for the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry.