Michael is a Special Counsel in our Corporate and Commercial Team specializing in mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, international investments and financial services matters. Prior to joining HWL Ebsworth he was based in Singapore and Dubai working on cross-border transactions.
Michael has represented a broad range of clients including private equity, venture capital, sovereign wealth funds, global financial institutions, start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises.
Michael’s work covers a wide range of industries including health, education, infrastructure and technology. He has particular expertise in the financial services industry and previously worked with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC).
Michael’s experience includes advising:
- Family Dental Centre Pte Ltd on a strategic investment from White Cloud Capital and subsequent acquisitions and follow-on investments to expand the business;
- Digital Alpha Group Pte Ltd on a Series A investment led by K2 Venture Capital Ltd and including participation by Enspire Capital, Alpha JWC Ventures, STI Financial Group and Draper Associates;
- a Major Childcare Business on its acquisition by a leading international childcare business (in conjunction with the private equity arm of a pension fund) and subsequent acquisitions and joint ventures in Singapore, Malaysia, India and China;.
- EFG Hermes Holding SAE on its merger with QInvest LLC to create an investment bank covering the Middle East, Africa, Turkey, South Asia and South East Asia; and
- Qatar Holding LLC on establishing a joint venture with the Moroccan government to invest in the tourism sector (in conjunction with the Kuwait Investment Authority and Abu Dhabi’s Aabar Investments).