Mark Howard is the National Practice Group Leader in our Workplace Relations and Safety Group.
Mark has more than 25 years experience in industrial relations and employment law. He specialises in providing advice to large corporate clients and statutory authorities and has a range and depth of experience across a broad range of industries, including government, building and construction, retail, manufacturing, financial services, insurance, technology and energy and resources.
Mark’s practice focuses on enterprise bargaining and workplace agreements, dispute resolution, business restructures, board and executive solutions and compliance and risk management. He also has experience in designing and delivering training programs for use by employers and regularly presents at seminars and conferences.
Mark’s recent experience includes:
- Employers: Advising and defending employers in discrimination, unfair dismissal, adverse action and wrongful dismissal claims;
- Employers: Assisting employers in the management of long term ill and injured employees and ensuring compliance with obligations under equal opportunity, occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation laws;
- Employers: Advising on transfer of business and employment issues in commercial transactions including outsourcing, sales of business, mergers and acquisitions and public private sector transactions, often involving restructuring and large scale redundancy programs;
- Employers: Assisting in the planning, negotiation and implementation of enterprise bargaining strategies and agreements; and
- Employers: Conducting workplace investigations after a workplace safety incident arises on behalf of employers often in parallel to the regulator, the police and the coroner and preparing incident reports and defending employers in prosecutions.