Gina specialises in the areas of Intellectual Property and Information Technology.
Gina advises on all aspects of Intellectual Property, including trade marks, designs, patents, copyright, trade secrets, confidential information, domain names and trade practices matters. Gina has extensive experience assisting clients to manage the full lifecycle of their Intellectual Property from searching and availability opinions, to managing Australian and international portfolios to commercialisation, enforcement and disputes. Gina also has significant expertise in structuring a range of software and technology agreements for both acquirers and suppliers of IT services and products.
Gina acts for clients in a range of industries including retail, franchising, fashion, insurance, financial services, government, technology and software. Before joining HWL Ebsworth, Gina worked in a specialist Intellectual Property law firm in Japan, and was also seconded to assist the Global IP Counsel of a leading gaming company.
Gina’s recent experience includes:
- Brewing company: Assisting to successfully defend claims of misleading and deceptive conduct, passing off and trade mark infringement in the Federal Court of Australia;
- Major ASX listed client: Advising in the financial services sector on IP/IT related aspects of acquisition of a finance, insurance and warranty business for $115 million, and drafting and negotiating multiple IT procurement contracts;
- A client: Drafting suite of core contracts for a client’s new SaaS data matching offering to the automotive industry;
- Australian food marketing and distribution business: Negotiating a high stakes overseas trade mark acquisition for an Australian food marketing and distribution business; and
- World renowned stationary brand: Acting for a world renowned stationary brand to secure an order for the transfer of a domain name registered by a cyber squatter.