David has broad experience and technical expertise in corporate and commercial law. David has advised clients on a range of matters including business, asset and share acquisitions and disposals, capital raisings through public offerings, private placements and rights issues, public company takeovers, corporate structuring, joint ventures, shareholder agreements and exit strategies and general commercial legal advice.
David also has particular expertise in corporate governance advising on corporate governance best practice, and Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules compliance. David is also a member of the Governance Institute of Australia and is a regular presenter in the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance course.
David advises clients in a variety of industries including construction, energy and resources, retail, financial services, property development and food and beverage.
David is secretary of the Victorian branch of AMPLA, the Australian energy and resources lawyers association.
David’s recent experience includes:
- Chow Tai Fook and Far East Consortium on its $490 million share subscription in, and strategic alliance with, The Star Entertainment Group (ASX:SGR) (2018);
- Eagle Health Holdings Limited (ASX:EHH) on its $125 million IPO and ASX listing (2017);
- Future Estate Group on its acquisition of the Coburg Quarter project (2017);
- Dutton Garage on the investment by CHAMP Private Equity (2017); and
- Private clients and fund managers in relation to managed investment schemes.