David specialises in professional indemnity and casualty claims as well as advising and acting in first party claims including fire and flood claims.
David assists various insurers and insureds in the Australian company market as well as overseas insurers and intermediaries.
David has been named in Best Lawyers™ Australia for Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation, Product Liability Litigation and Professional Malpractice Litigation. David has also been named in Doyle’s Guide, received the first honorary membership of CQIB and received the first honorary life membership of QAFI.
David’s recent experience includes:
- Major insurer: Advised and acted for major insurer in Supreme Court Qld in test case arising out of 2011 Brisbane flood;
- Major insurer: Advised and acted for major insurer in Federal Court in defence of claims of misleading conduct under a Directors and Officers policy bringing about discontinuance of those court proceedings;
- Various claims against professionals: Acted in defence of various claims against professionals including architects, accountants , financial planners , surveyors, builders and engineers in various courts of superior jurisdiction;
- Various casualty claims: Acted in defence of various casualty claims against shopping centres and other commercial premises as well as sporting liability cases; and
- Multiple insurers: Obtained successful verdicts for insurers in arson fraud and fraudulent non disclosure and misrepresentation cases in various courts.