Anthony is a senior commercial litigator with extensive experience resolving corporate, contractual, and regulatory disputes, including through alternative dispute resolution procedures. Anthony has advised clients in industries including energy and resources, IT and telecommunications, Government and public administration, banking and financial services, construction, retail and supermarkets, and travel.
Anthony’s litigation experience includes conducting litigation in various State and Commonwealth courts and tribunals, as well as private arbitration. Anthony has represented both corporate and Government clients in relation to regulatory enforcement actions, including advising in relation to regulatory investigations and powers, and compliance programs. Anthony also has experience in construction, taxation, insurance, and class action matters.
Anthony is the Deputy Chair of the Queensland Law Society’s Competition and Consumer Law Committee. Anthony is also a member of the Law Council of Australia’s Competition and Consumer Law Committee.
Anthony’s experience includes advising:
- An Australian State on the enforceability of a regulatory order against a company in liquidation, including defending Supreme Court (and Court of Appeal) proceedings in relation to the order;
- An international resources company on judicial review proceedings regarding its liability to pay royalties;
- A major Australian telecommunications company on a claim by the vendors of a software company it had acquired;
- An international Australian construction company on the delay and underpayment claims made by a sub-contractor; and
- A bank on a regulatory investigation by ASIC, including advising on litigation strategies and potential exposure to threatened class action proceedings related to the investigation.