Melbourne | Full Time
- Be part of a growing Practice working with two highly regarded Partners in the medical indemnity industry
- Provide advice to some of Australia’s leading medical defence insurers
- Take a lead role in mentoring and nurturing a great team of dedicated Lawyers
- Clear, transparent path to progression
- Flexible work arrangements
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Nationally the firm features over 260 Partners and more than 1,500 people.
Our Melbourne Health team is on an exciting growth path in response to the continued success of the Practice. Following the recent appointment of a second Partner, we have an opportunity for a Senior Associate to be part of the growing team.
We offer our staff career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic and experienced candidate to join our growing Health team working with two highly regarded Partners in the medical indemnity industry. As part of the team you will provide legal advice to some of Australia’s leading medical defence insurers, including those representing public hospitals, medical practitioners, pathology and medical clinics. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of file types, including high quantum civil litigation, coronial inquests, AHPRA investigations and patient complaints.
You will be a key part of a very collegiate team who work closely together, share ideas, support one another and strive to provide a high quality service to clients.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- End to end management of claims and investigations
- Provision of timely and accurate written advice to insurers and insured clients
- Appearance at mediations, witness interviews, inquests and disciplinary hearings
- Direct marketing and engagement of new clients
Skills and Experience
Skills and experience required for this role include the following:
- 5-10 years PAE
- Experience and expertise in medical indemnity, health, aged care and/or personal injury law for defendants
- Strong writing skills and ability to engage well with insurers, corporate counsel of health entities, individual practitioners and management of health clinics.
- Passion for medico-legal issues and claims management.
- Strong leadership skills to assist in developing our junior cohort
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on email@example.com or 0411 047 054.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.