PERTH | FULL TIME
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be part of one of Perth’s leading litigation teams.
- Broaden your experience by working with multiple accomplished partners and experienced lawyers across a diverse range of commercial litigation, construction and insurance matters.
- Join a hardworking team known for its outstanding performance, collaborative spirit and friendly environment.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Nationally, the firm features over 270 partners and more than 1,700 people. Our Perth litigation team comprises of 5 partners.
HWL Ebsworth has one of Australia’s leading litigation practices. The firm’s lawyers advise and act for ASX100 companies, global and national insurers, not for profits, high net worth individuals and small and medium sized companies.
We are passionate about professional development and provide ample career growth opportunities. Our partners and lawyers serve as mentors, guiding you through complex cases and offering valuable insights to help you excel in your career.
With the support of the team, you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit. We are committed to recognising and promoting talent within our firm and providing an environment that actively supports and encourages progress. A successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships, achieving significant milestones and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is an opportunity to join our highly regarded Perth litigation practice which spans across a diverse range of disputes, allowing you to gain exposure to various industries and legal complexities.
Our Perth litigation team provides legal services to a number of local, national and overseas companies (private and listed), government agencies, insurers and high net worth individuals, on a wide range of disputes.
The broad nature of the practice means that you will have the opportunity to work on a range of matters and develop your knowledge of litigation in various jurisdictions, industries and sectors. Its size and diversity means that there are opportunities to work on matters involving:
- contract disputes;
- construction and mining and resource industry disputes (including on significant Australian infrastructure projects);
- statutory claims (including relating to the ACL, the Corporations Act and ASIC Act);
- professional negligence and directors and officers liability;
- coverage issues and indemnity disputes;
- large value property damage claims; and
- regulatory and disciplinary investigations and prosecutions.
In addition to the quality of the work, also on offer to the successful candidate is a supportive and vibrant team, and a transparent pathway for promotion. You will work directly with 2 of our partners and numerous special counsel and senior associates, many of whom have developed their careers within the team.
Given our national client coverage, there are also opportunities to work with our colleagues in other States and Territories allowing you to expand your professional network and legal expertise.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, takes initiative, is a collaborative team player, and has the drive to excel in the dispute resolution space.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years PAE;
- strategic and critical thinking capabilities;
- strong practice management and attention to detail;
- effective problem-solving skills;
- strong writing and communication skills; and
- a solid understanding of civil practice and procedure (particularly in the Supreme and District Courts of WA).
HOW TO APPLY
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Gabrielle Saunders on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8644 3781.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.