Sydney | Full Time
- Broaden your experience by working with in a dynamic and engaged team across a diverse range of commercial litigation matters.
- Enjoy a well-balanced role in a collegiate environment with an interesting, broad practice of large and medium scale litigation across various industries.
- Flexible work arrangements.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney litigation team comprises 14 partners. Nationally the firm features over 260 Partners and more than 1,500 people.
HWL Ebsworth has one of Australia’s leading litigation legal practices. The firm’s lawyers advise and act for both international and Australian clients in all Australian jurisdictions. The litigation team acts for clients in all areas of commercial disputation.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Litigation practice working with partner Neil Wallman and his team. As part of the team you will work on an interesting mix of commercial disputes, including corporations and shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, ACL disputation and contested intellectual property matters.
The role is an opportunity to work on top tier matters and collaborate with our prominent national client base.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Taking carriage of various litigation matters.
- Dealing directly with counsel and clients.
- Working collaboratively with team of junior lawyers.
- Prepare, predict and advise as to possible outcomes associated with litigation.
Skills and Experience
Skills and experience required for this role include the following:
- 7+ years PAE.
- Broad scope of commercial litigation experience (across a number of jurisdictions).
- Strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong leadership skills to assist in developing our junior cohort.
- Strong practice management and attention to detail.
We offer our staff career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is also committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0411 047 054.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.