LGASA Legal Connect
HWL Ebsworth LGASA Legal Assist Hotline
Call 1800 975 150
About LGASA Legal Connect
HWL Ebsworth has partnered with the Local Government Association of South Australia (LGASA) as exclusive legal provider as part of the LGASA Commercial Solutions offering.
LGASA Legal Connect has been established to work collaboratively with South Australian councils to innovate, improve efficiencies and save costs.
HWL Ebsworth is delighted to have the opportunity to partner with the LGASA on this exciting initiative that offers genuine benefits to local government organisations.
LGASA Members will have access to the industry specific knowledge offered by our market leading Local Government practice, while benefiting financially from our highly competitive rates. We are committed to working with LGASA’s Members to ensure that they achieve their operational and commercial objectives.
All engagements will be direct between HWL Ebsworth and the Member council.
Benefits to Councils
This partnership will provide substantial savings on legal costs and offer an unprecedented value proposition , without compromising on the quality of advice and depth of knowledge required by councils.
Flexible and competitive pricing structure
LGASA members have the flexibility to access either a discounted blended rate or a discounted schedule of hourly rates.
HWL Ebsworth LGASA Legal Assist Hotline
HWL Ebsworth is pleased to offer LGASA Members access to a Legal Assist Hotline, where councils can contact a member of our core Relationship Team with their legal queries at no charge.
Advice via the Legal Assist Hotline would be limited to short conversations (maximum 15 minutes in length) for brief queries that can primarily be dealt with in the first instance – noting that the call may need to be referred to one of our nominated lead partners outside of the core Relationship Team, depending on the nature of the advice. In instances where the advice required is of a more complicated nature than initially expected and, subject to the Member’s agreement, a matter would be opened by the relevant HWL Ebsworth partner.
The HWL Ebsworth LGASA Legal Assist Hotline number is 1800 975 150.
Our Reach into the Regions
HWL Ebsworth has nominated a dedicated Relationship Partner for each of the local government regions outside of the metro area. HWL Ebsworth will be travelling regularly to regional councils to meet the needs of Members as required. HWL Ebsworth also has sophisticated online portal and videoconferencing facilities which will facilitate our reach into the regions. In the event travel to the regions is required there will be no charge for travelling time.
Meet the team
In addition to access to our national team of experts, HWL Ebsworth has nominated a core Relationship Team to serve as a key point of contact for LGASA Members. Further details on our core Relationship Team, as well as our broader team of local experts can be found below.
|Kate McKeough||Clare Raimondo||Kate Brandon|
Additional Key Contacts
|Peter Campbell||Damien Foulis||Jamie Restas||Luke Dale||Nick Karagiannis||Emma Herriman||Matoula Makris|
HWL Ebsworth’s Local Government experience
HWL Ebsworth offers Local Government clients a comprehensive suite of tailored services, ranging from the foundation areas of administrative law and governance, to more operational areas such as planning and environment, property, commercial, workplace relations, building and construction, communication and technology law and risk management.
A snapshot of HWL Ebsworth’s experience in the Local Government sector includes:
- Advising the LGASA on Auditor-Generals Schemes report and the restructure of the LGASA Mutual Schemes;
- Advising the LGASA in relation to Ministerial approval of its new Constitution;
- Acting for 61 South Australian Councils and the State of South Australia in an access pricing dispute for public lighting services with SAPN;
- Advising a local government entity on governance issues, including the interpretation of governance documents and the immunity provisions of the Local Government Act;
- Advising local government in relation to water licensing and regulation;
- Advising local government employers in relation to Code of Conduct investigations, performance management and disciplinary action, as well as defending subsequent industrial disputes and unfair dismissal claims;
- Acted for a Council in relation to its new technology project, including preparing and negotiating the associated contractual documentation; and
- Assisting a Council in the resolution of a number of disputes involving large scale road-works where substantial claims were made for variations, extensions of time and associated costs.
Relevant Areas of Law
HWL Ebsworth provides a full service offering for local councils, with strong expertise across the key areas of law for Local Government organisations. Follow the links below for further information on our relevant practice areas.