Sydney | Full Time
- Be part of the Workers Compensation Team in Sydney.
- Broaden your experience with one of the largest Insurance legal group in Australia
- Benefit from close interaction with partners, strong peer support and structured career track mentoring.
- Being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Exposure to a broad cross section of work and client base.
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Insurance Practice Group comprises of 16 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic candidate looking for advancement opportunities to join our impressive and highly regarded Sydney Insurance practice working with Partners Jenne Tzavaras, Mersina Kikinis and their team. As part of a close-knit team you will work on an interesting and broad mix of insurance matters specialising in workers compensation. This is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level and beyond, by working on high value matters with an industry leading team and prominent client base which includes large privately held corporate groups and public companies.
Scope of role
The successful candidate will be engaged in:
- Direct client access
- Close collaboration with Partners in a strong team environment
- Supportive training and mentoring
- Advising clients on liability, strategy and risk management
- Analysis and advisory work including indemnity, liability and claims assessment
- Advocacy across multiple jurisdictions
- Settlement negotiations
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
Specific skills and experience for this role include:
- 2+ years PAE
- Experience in insurance/personal injury litigation
- Ability to balance legal and commercial considerations in negotiations
- Ability to draft clear and concise correspondence including advice work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to deal with clients and other parties
- Desire to develop your career in the Insurance Practice
- A willingness to learn
- A ‘can do’ approach
- Team player
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Steve Lalic on email@example.com or 0411 047 054.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.