Sydney | Full time
About the job
- Unlock your full potential in a growing, supportive and inclusive team;
- Broaden your experience and skills with one of the largest dedicated Insurance teams in Australia;
- Benefit from close interaction with clients, partners, strong peer support and structured career track mentoring;
- Working with insurers and insured clients across all facets of the insurance and reinsurance market;
- Exposure to a broad cross section of litigious and non-litigious work; and
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Insurance Practice Group comprises of 16 Partners and Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
There are no glass ceilings, and we are committed to providing a happy and fulfilling work environment which allows every team member to identify and achieve their professional goals.
We are looking for the right candidates (Solicitor & Associate) to be part of the growth of our Sydney Insurance Practice.
As valued members of our close-knit team, you will work predominantly with Partners James Baird and Andrew Gray, with a particular focus on financial lines and construction. Working with insurer and insured clients, you will also have exposure to reinsurance and regulatory elements.
This is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level and beyond, by enhancing your written and analytical skills, and working on a variety of matters with an industry leading team and prominent client base.
Skills and Experience required for this role include the following:
We are looking for outstanding, motivated candidates to take advantage of this opportunity.
Specific skills, personal aspirations and experience for these roles include:
- 2 years PAE or less;
- Exceptional academic results and broad outside interests;
- Interest in financial lines and/or construction;
- Strong legal and analytic skills, with a desire to further improve;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Strong desire to learn and progress; and
- Inclusive team player.
- 3-4 years PAE or more;
- Strong academic results and broad outside interests;
- Financial lines and/or construction insurance experience;
- Interest in expanding experience across additional classes of insurance and reinsurance;
- Experience leading junior lawyers;
- Motivated, can-do approach. Ability to think outside the box and provide value-adding solutions to clients;
- Strong desire to build a leading reputation at the very top end of the insurance/legal industry;
- Inclusive team player; and
- 4 day working week considered for the right candidate.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements for our employees to assist them in balancing their professional and personal commitments. To support this, the firm offers a flexible working arrangement whereby professional staff members can elect to work a portion of their week remotely.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9334 8363.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply