SYDNEY | FULL TIME
About the job
- Broaden your experience with one of the largest Insurance legal groups in Australia with one of the largest National client bases.
- Benefit from close interaction with partners, strong peer support and structured career track mentoring.
- Flexible work arrangements including remote working.
HWL Ebsworth is Australia’s largest and fastest growing legal partnership, with offices in every state and territory in Australia. Our Sydney Insurance Practice Group comprises of 17 Partners and 37 Staff across a number of speciality areas and is part of a National group of 260+ Partners and staff.
Our Sydney based firm is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Associate Lawyer who has a passion for advising and defending employers and insurers in industrial common law negligence claims.
As a key member of our firm, you will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice & representation to a wide variety of clients, including insurers, self-insured, specialised insurers and regulators. You will engage in advocacy and manage complex trial and appeal litigation in the Supreme Court, District Court, and Personal Injury Commission. You will also advise on best practice risk and claims management, policy coverage issues and work closely with our Partners, junior lawyers, and external Counsel to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients.
This is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level and beyond, working with an award winning and industry leading team.
Scope of role
The successful candidate will be engaged in:
- Direct client access.
- Close collaboration with Partners in a strong team environment.
- Supportive training and mentoring.
- Advising top tier clients on liability, strategy and risk management.
- Analysis and advisory work including indemnity and liability.
- Advocacy across multiple jurisdictions.
- Drafting Court documents.
- Negotiating commercial outcomes for clients.
Skills and Experience
Specific skills and experience required for this role include:
- 5+ years PAE.
- Proven track record of success in drafting and negotiating on behalf of defendants.
- Ability to balance legal and commercial considerations in negotiations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to deal with clients and other parties.
- A willingness to learn.
- A ‘can do’ approach.
- Team player.
We are proud to offer our staff unrivalled career development opportunities and you will be encouraged to take ownership of the direction and pace of your career. We promote and reward talent based solely on merit, which allows all team members to reach their potential and we are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages all team members to progress. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where building relationships and high performance are celebrated and rewarded.
HWL Ebsworth offers flexible working arrangements to assist our team to balance their professional and personal commitments.
We offer a competitive salary and a transparent path to career progression.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion or to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Laura Harrison on email@example.com or +61 2 9334 8363.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply.